X-Ray and Neutron Science > Facilities
The X-ray and Neutron Science section has a range of in-house facilities for structural, solid-state and bio-physical studies. The section apply further to large extend international facilities for synchrotron X-ray and Neutron techniques, and has significant activities within new instrumental design and developement.
The in-house instruments are located within the H.C. Ørsted Institute, in laboratories for magnetism, for X-ray science and for biophysical studies and sample preparation. Several of the instruments are open to be used by external partners from universities as well as from industry. External application is done in terms of joint projecs.
The main instruments comprises:
- SAXS - Small-Angle X-ray Scattering >>
- Light Scattering >>
- Cryo-magnet for high-field, low temperature materials investigations >>
- Emerging neutron and X-ray facilities:
ESS, MAX-IV, and X-FEL >>
- Thermal instruments comprises >>
- Rheology / Dynamic Mechanical Analysis >>